The eLearning team at GVSU recently participated in an Occupational Science and Therapy (OST) Retreat that was held on Saturday, February 24 at the University Club, on the downtown DeVos Campus.
Glenna Decker, Matt Roberts, Kim Kenward, Sherry Barricklow, Hunter Bridwell, and Eric Kunnen provided learning experiences for hybrid faculty teaching in OST.
Topics that were shared included:
- Introductio, to the Community of Inquiry Framework
- ‘Bored-Free’ Discussions and Strategies beyond the Discussion Board
- Good Practices in Facilitating Group Work Online
- Virtual Advising, Office Hours, Guest Speakers, Interviews, Meetings etc. with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- eLearning and Emerging Technologies #EdTech Resources and Support
- Emerging Technologies in the Atomic Object Technology Showcase
- Quality Benchmarks and Student Orientation / Readiness
- Creating Quality Online Courses with:
- Online/Hybrid Peer Review Rubric
- Blackboard Exemplary Course Award Rubric
- Using Blackboard/Word/PowerPoint to Create Accessible Materials
Materials were provided to faculty through a Blackboard organization site: