As Grand Valley State University continues to respond to COVID-19, engage students in quality remote teaching, and in the work to better prepare for Fall 2020, the eLearning team is here to help!
In May and June, the eLearning and Emerging Technologies team offered over 40 faculty professional development sessions on a wide array of topics, including: leveraging the Blackboard learning management system, meeting students LIVE with Blackboard Collaborate, monitoring accessibility with Blackboard Ally, tips for time management in online/hybrid courses, building online learning communities, creating video with Panopto and much more!
During this time, there were over 1,471 faculty registrations. This is a record number of faculty attending the spring seminars! All seminars were offered LIVE via Blackboard Collaborate.
Here were the 10 most popular sessions (by total faculty registrations) offered by eLearning and Emerging Technologies:
- #1 = Foundations of Online and Hybrid Course Development and Delivery (205)
- #2 = Blackboard Learn (179)
- #3 = Blackboard Collaborate (141)
- #4 = I wish I’d known Blackboard could do That (133)
- #5 = Panopto (131)
- #6 = Introduction to Flipgrid (101)
- #7 = Lights, Camera, Action (79)
- #8 = Creating and Facilitating Grading in the Blackboard Discussion Board (78)
- #9 = Essential Time Management for Online/Hybrid Instructors (73)
- #10 = Tips for Building and Maintaining Instructor Presence (70)
We’re here to help!
Missed a session? No problem!
We can meet with you individually, you can browse our self-help resources, and you can connect with us electronically, head on over to our eLearning and Emerging Technologies Web Site.