WELCOME NEW FACULTY!
On, Wednesday, August 7, New Faculty Orientation kicks off with over 100 faculty participating in 2 days of sessions focused on equipping and preparing new faculty at Grand Valley State University.
From 1 to 3pm, the eLearning and Emerging Technologies team will share a wealth of tips and strategies to leverage technology in teaching through break out sessions, #EDTECH demonstrations, and consultations.
Specific sessions by the eLearning team include:
- Introduction to Blackboard
- I wish I’d known Blackboard could do that!
- Accessibility with Blackboard Ally
- Integrating Google with Blackboard
- Recording Video with Panopto
- Teaching Live with Blackboard Collaborate
- Experiencing 3D Printing, Virtual/Augmented Reality in the Technology Showcase
- Building interactive video with the Digital Studio
- Learning about Teaching Online with IDeL
- and so much more!
This post features a variety of technologies and resources that are available to faculty at GVSU.
Who is the eLearning team and what do they do?
Our eLearning and Emerging Technologies team is on mission to supporting faculty pursuing innovation in teaching an learning.
Our team provides a wide array of services and resources designed to facilitate digital learning at GVSU through supporting faculty in delivering high quality, innovative teaching.
We support faculty, contribute to teaching excellence, and enhance student success through:
Exemplary Instructional Design for Online and Hybrid Courses
- Teaching with Technology
Effective Application of Instructional Technologies
Learning Management System Enhancement
- Digital Studio
Interactive Digital Media Development
- Technology Showcase
Innovative Emerging Technologies
What enterprise technologies are available at GVSU?
Look no further then our Teaching and Learning with Technology Guide!
New to Blackboard?
Here are a few resources to help you get started!
- Checklist for getting started with Blackboard
- Tips for teaching and learning with Blackboard
- Facilitating live office hours and video conferencing with Collaborate
- Checking accessibility of your course content with Ally
Interested in kicking-it-up-a-notch with video?
Need instructional design support in teaching online?
Join a growing movement in higher education by learning to teach an online or hybrid course. The eLearning and Emerging Technologies team includes instructional designers in IDeL focused on providing expert guidance in designing high quality courses.
We’re here to help!
Visit our eLearning and Emerging Technologies web page to connect with a plethora of possibilities in teaching and learning with technology at GVSU!