This summer, eLearning and Emerging Technologies was pleased to introduce the brand new…
This event was held on Wednesday, August 16 and Thursday, August 17 for a 2 day series of hands-on workshops, discussions, and shared reflections all centered on the use of emerging teaching practices and technologies to support effective teaching.
The institute was structured for faculty to attend workshops, exchange ideas, and to spend time to get their courses ready for the Fall semester through support from the eLearning team.
The event theme was:
“Learn something new, get your course ready for Fall!”
There were 7 breakout sessions that were offered during the institute:
- Individual Work Time with eLearning Team Support
- #1 – Planning and Re-organizing your Online/Hybrid Course
- #2 – Instructor Presence and Building Community
- #3 – Library Resources and OER (Open Educational Resources)
- #4 – Video and Digital Media Creation Tools
- #5 – Assessing Student Learning and Engagement
- #6 – Implementing Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Principles in the Classroom to Support All Learners
This was an outstanding first time event! The institute offered nearly 60 faculty and staff the opportunity to learn from each other and to spend time working on prepping courses for Fall.
Here are a few social media highlights via Storify:
This event was organized in partnership and in collaboration with the Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center.
eLearning and Emerging Technologies would like to thank all of the presenters, attendees, and the FTLC for their support to make this event possible!