How can we enhance education and improve student success with technology?
This question is front and center at the SXSWedu Conference. SXSWedu:
“fosters innovation in learning by hosting a diverse and energetic community of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds in education.”
With over 8,000+ attendees from around the world, the conference is a valuable interchange of ideas at the intersection of teaching, learning, and technology.
There are a wide array of sessions and topics at SXSWedu. Eric Kunnen, Associate Director of eLearning and Emerging Technologies captured the following notes and highlights from the event:
- “Learning through Virtual Reality Experiences”
- “InnovationU. Unlocking the University-as-Incubator”
- “#SXSWedu Playground offers a Plethora of Possibilities” in #EdTech
- “From Analytics to Action”
- “How to Think (and Learn) Like a Futurist Keynote” with Jane McGonigal
- “Launch Competition Lightning Round” with Guy Kawasaki
- “The Myth of the Magical Device”
- “The Role of Maker Ed in Schools” Keynote with Ayah Bdeir
- “Helping Different Kinds of Minds Solve Problems” Keynote with Temple Grandin