The miBUG (Michigan Blackboard Users Group) Spring Conference was held at the VisTaTech Center on the campus of Schoolcraft College in Livonia, Michigan on Friday, March 24, 2017. More than 100 educators from 20+ institutions across Michigan and Canada attended this event to collaborate and share best practices in leveraging Blackboard in teaching and learning.
GVSU eLearning staff Justin Melick, Vince St. Germain, Sherry Barricklow and Eric Kunnen attended this year and picked up great ideas and networking with institutions around the state.
Several of the highlights from this event included:
- Blackboard Learn, Collaborate, Mobile Product Roadmaps
- New Features Coming: OneDrive (DropBox already available) Integration, Bb Instructor App, Attendance Management, New Video Everywhere Solution, and more!
- New Blackboard Ally Product Announcement
- Providing institutional dashboards, on demand tips for faculty on accessibile documents, and realtime conversion of uploaded files into accessiable formats.
- Creating Course Videos – Wayne State University
- Tackling an Unruly Grade Center – Schoolcraft College
- Fostering Creating Critical Thinkers in Online Discussion Boards – Madonna University
- Collaborate Ultra: Features and Tips you can Use Now – Blackboard
- Getting to Know the Bb Peer Assessment Tool – Wayne State University
- Blackboard Testing and Development in a Multi-Tier Environment – Center Michigan University
- and more!