Justin Melick and Eric Kunnen from eLearning had the opportunity to attend the ETOM conference in Flint on Friday. This conference was held at Mott Community College and brought together over 100 educators from community colleges and universities across the state of Michigan.
There were 6 faculty and staff from GVSU that attended the conference. Thank you to the FTLC for supporting the attendance of 4 faculty through a grant opportunity. Julia VanderMolen, assistant professor in Allied Health presented a session on captioning.
Here are are few highlights from the conference, captured and posted on Eric’s EdTech Blog:
- KEYNOTE: School is a Game… but is it a Good Game?
- Creating Captions for Accessible Video with Limited Tools
- Credentialing Online Faculty with Badges
- Davenport’s Global Campus University: Building a Competency-based Faculty Training Platform
- Using OER to Improve Student Success